Cycle for Sight is operating on a new fundraising system this year! All returning participants must click Register to create a new profile. When you have completed this, you can use the login feature once again.
Sponsor a Rider
Top 10 Participants1 - Mario Lapointe ($8,165.00)
2 - Steven Blanchard ($4,059.20)
3 - Philip Zunder ($3,649.00)
4 - Mesfin Mirotchie ($1,391.00)
5 - Benjamin Lacombe ($1,336.00)
6 - Peter Konzuk ($1,240.00)
7 - DAWN SMITH ($1,220.00)
8 - David Marshall ($1,085.00)
9 - Peter Kertes ($774.00)
10 - Patty Anne Valenti ($750.00)
Price / Coût
$25 per rider until March 10
$50 per rider as of March 10 / $50 par cycliste participant
$200 fundraising minimum / $200 levée minimale de $200
All riders must register for $25 and raise a minimum of $200.
Registration includes/L’inscription à Vélo pour la vue Ottawa:
- Choice of distances/Choix de distance: 30 km, 60 km, 100 km
- Invite to Cycle for Sight Launch Party
- Exclusive Cycle for Sight jersey (sizes not guaranteed)/Maillot Vélo pour la vue exclusif (grandeurs non-assurées)
- Personal webpage for easy online fundraising/Une page web personnelle pour faciliter la levée de fonds
- Well-marked route with directional signage/Une route bien indiquée à l’aide d’affiches de signalisation
- Volunteer guides and support/Soutien et guides bénévoles
- Bike mechanics and EMS/Mécaniciens vélo et services médicaux d’urgence sur place
- Rest stops en route with unlimited snack and beverages
- Finish line celebration party with complimentary food and drinks/Fête de célébration à la ligne d’arrivée avec nourriture et breuvages inclues
- Fundraising prizes and awards/Prix de reconnaissance pour les levées de fonds et autre
- Rider gift bag/Un sac cadeaux pour cycliste
Emplacement du départ et de l’arrivée
When Matt was a young boy in the late 80s, he developed a rare tumour called an Astrocytoma of the Chasm. Initially, the tumour caused damage to the right half of his body, as well as eliminating all the sight he had on the right half of both eyes. After 10 years of the tumour being stable, it began to grow again. The tumor put more pressure on his optic nerve, which caused his remaining vision to decrease to legally blind.
Like so many others, there are currently no remedies or cures for his condition. Matt, however is hopeful saying, “By volunteering and fundraising for such a fantastic event like Cycle for Sight, I do believe that in the near future, we can help researchers give sight to individuals who have vision impairments.”
He adds, “I am also participating for the sheer love of riding plus how often do you get to ride 100 km with such an amazing group of people?”
Check Out Photos from Past Events Take me there >
Prepare for the ride
Check out these training plans from Cycling Weekly to help you get fitter, train for speed and/or push your mileage further.
What you eat and drink before, during and after a big ride is the key to success. Check out this article from Cycling Weekly to learn how to fuel for long distance rides.
Looking to Volunteer? Volunteer Registration
Cycle for Sight volunteers make the event enjoyable for everyone. Whether you are helping to set up route markers or cheering on cyclists as they embark on their journey, we want you to be part of the event! Fill out the volunteer registration form and we will get back to you closer to event date to confirm details.
Our Executive Committees are filled with dedicated volunteers, who spend months and months planning and preparing, to ensure that you enjoy your experience at Cycle for Sight each year. We are very grateful for their commitment and support.
- Co-Chair Thane Tremaine
- Heather Christy
- Mays Lei
- Nicole Hill
- Matt Hunter
- Co-Chair Jonathan Nix
- Gissou Ataee
- Carol Lithwick
- Philip Zunder
For information about sponsorship opportunities, please contact April Watts at email@example.com or 1-800-461-3331